Happy new year!! I know that it’s not back to school time but I thought this would be a perfect journal/notebook for the new year. Let’s make 2017 great!!
- Plain notebook/journal
- Scrapbook paper (choose a light color that goes with your Sharpie. I chose a light color so the black sharpie would show up. If you choose a dark color then use silver Sharpie)
- Sharpie marker (color that will show up on scrapbook paper^^)
- Glue stick/Mod Podge
- Measure the dimensions of your notebook and remember the measurements.
- Mark the measurements of the notebook onto your scrapbook paper, drawing lines to mark the spots an inch away from the actual measurement.
- Cut on the lines and place your scrapbook paper onto the notebook, folding around the edges.
- Apply a layer of glue or mod podge to the notebook and place the scrapbook paper onto it, smoothing down any air bubbles.
- Cut a slit on the point of the scrapbook paper and glue the edges onto the back of the notebook cover.
- Using letter stencils or freehand, write the subject name or whatever title you would like to give to your notebook on the top center.
- Around the title, draw a rectangle and decorate it with a mandala pattern as shown in the picture.
- Starting in the left bottom corner, draw a mandala design. Mandalas just require you to keep building upwards. Here is a video tutorial I watched for inspiration. You can use the picture of my finished notebook too!
- After the Sharpie design dries, apply a layer of Mod Podge to set in the design. This is OPTIONAL. (I didn’t do this)
(not my picture)^^ but the notebooks should look similar, but with a mandala design and label!!
- Plain notebook
- Gold spray paint
- Painter’s tape/masking tape
- Black Sharpie
- Cover a certain section of your notebook with masking tape, knowing that the part you do not cover is the part that will be gold.
- Take a piece of newspaper or cardboard and place it inside your notebook and covering the wires if you are using a wire notebook, so there is no way the paint can get on the pages.
- Simply spray paint the section of your notebook with no tape
- Write the subject/title of your notebook with the Sharpie